https://salonmedia22.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Going-Green-e1520349942684.jpg 440 720 Kimberly Guerrero http://salonmedia22.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/salon-media22-logo.png Kimberly Guerrero2018-03-06 10:26:052018-03-06 10:26:055 Tips To Help Your Salon Go Green
Here are 5 tips you can use to honor the earth and your work space; to create a fresh environment that is eco-friendly and makes a visual statement!
- Join Green Circle. Green Circle recycles and re-purposes hair, foils, color tubes, and other paper and plastic salon materials. They also help divert excess hair chemicals from being disposed down the drain.
- Call your electric company. A visit by your power company’s representative can help unearth ways to save energy and money in your salon. With a review of door and window insulation, electric appliances and more, you can make small tweaks that add up to big savings.
- Use glass instead of paper or plastic. Replace plastic cups with glass drinking cups. You can also replace plastic color mixing bowls with ceramic and glass bowls.
- Embrace natural elements. When possible, use natural light in your salon to reduce the use of electricity. You can also bring in air-purifying plants for decoration and fresh oxygen!
- Ditch the paper. In addition to cups, take a look at ways you can eliminate other paper waste. Most salon software offers e-receipts and mobile apps for your guests and artists, eliminating printed paper receipts and schedules. This is also a great way to grow your guest email list!